Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh, the Little Things in Life

I am realizing how many small things I loved as a little kid and still love now. Or things that I hated as a kid and love now. Here are some of them:

Applesauce. Who knew how much I loved applesauce. I was reawakened to this passions only the other day at lunch. The stuff is so good, sweet, cool and refreshing. Try some of it.

Rain. When Jen and I used to sleep upstairs, I loved listening to the sound of the rain on the roof. Now that our room is now downstairs, I can't hear it as well. So, whenever it rains, I will become so happy just because I know that it is making one of my favorite sounds.

Pillows. Oh how wonderful it was to wake up the day after coming home from Worldview engulfed in my five pillows plus body pillow. I had been all week with only one pillow and it wasn't nearly as comfortable. Almost every morning since then I have woken up just reveling in the warmth of my pillows!

Naps. I don't nearly have enough now. It is funny because little kids hate taking naps (myself included) But now that I'm older, I don't get nearly enough sleep. Today I had one and it was wonderful (until Jen woke me up by trying to steal a book that we were reading together).

Books. Oh how I hated to read. How silly and stupid I was. And when I found out that I actually liked to read, I just pretended that I didn't. Now, you rarely find me without a book that I'm reading.

Blankets. I get cold a lot. Blankets are warm. Perfect combo. And lots of the ones in our house hold so many memories. The orange one has gone through picnics, children being sick and lots of movies. My pink one, well... it is basically dead but I love it anyway.

There is just a few. I'm sure I will remember more before the day is done.

1 comment:

  1. I love tea and drinking it on the porch with friends.

    I love letters.

    I love not getting my feet in squishy grass.

    I love sleeping enough so that waking up early is fun.

    ReplyDelete