Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here we go again...

I wrote most of this yesterday night but didn't have time to put it up until now.

I'm sorry I haven't written. It is now the night before the first day of CHESS. Tomorrow will be my fifth first day. Where did all of that time go?

I know... I know. I know where it went.

It first went to prisons and long bus rides with long hours with the Shining Light people. That consisted of going to many state facilities all over New England, eating cafeteria food, and trying lobster for the first time. I also got to go for the ER for the first time in my life after I smooshed my hand in between a cart and a door frame (really stupid of me). But most importantly, I saw God's beauty and work in many people's lives (including my own.).

Then it went to sitting in a cold chapel at Lancaster Bible Collage. There I learned a lot about many things including wisdom, worldviews, and the arts. IT also included skittles, M&M's, friends and creaming my voice out encouraging the red team to try to win the wonder of all wonders...
THE SPAMLEY CUP

The majority of the remaining time was doing random things with random people. Things like these:
. going to see Jen in "The Wiz"
. reading several books, but not as many as I had wished to
. hanging out with friends
. and the thing that I did most of all- hanging out with my family.

The last two weeks of the summer were the saddest. I said good-bye. First, it was Dana. She left for collage earlier than she had expected. Then came Hannah. I miss both of them. Even though I like having a get away, I still would much rather have them home.

Now, I have said good-bye to summer and the lazy days that came with it. School has come back from vacation. Who know what's going to happen this time around.

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gretchen! Wow, sounds amazing! I haven't even stopped school! I am almost finished and then I'll have to go unto 10th grade almost right after! Hard stuff! but I had almost a month off at my Grandmas! So yeah! Love you ! Live for God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? That's it. An entire 15 years of being a faithful sister and all I get is half a sentence "Then came Hannah..." ?!?!?! Unbelievable! And tell Jen she should start posting too.

    ReplyDelete