Monday, June 29, 2009

It has been way too long...

And it has been too long. For a lot of things, including my blogging. So much has happened in the two weeks (almost three) that you have not heard from me.

I miss things. Not just tangible hold in your hand things, but people mostly. To be specific, I miss Shining Light. Tour was amazing and I'm not saying that I'm not glad that tour is over (because I really love my own bed and using my own shower), but I miss seeing people everyday.

The Girls of Shining Light

The Dudes of Shining Light
The Amazing Staff

I miss all of these people. We had such fun doing all sorts of things: kayaking, running over rocks, shopping, going into different prisons... The nine days were so good, so rich and rewarding. (Sigh) I'm homesick for them.

Me and Becca
(Her air mattress always ended up next to mine. I miss waking up and seeing her on her air mattress. She was also my exploring partner. How we were scared of the third floor of the Catholic school.)

Next year will be a good year at Shining Light, but it won't be the same. Hannah and A-Rud are leaving and I'll be learning a whole new set up job. So it seems that God will be putting new obstacles and new people in my life. But for right now, I'm missing the fun times with the people of Shining Light.

One of my fun experiences. I got to go the ER for the first time.

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you have been having a great time! Love you lots, G!
    ~Hannah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE NARNIA!!! Just...to say it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! And I wish we could all go to Maine as a family again. That is still my favorite vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE NARNIA TOO!! hehee...
    Sorry about your arm or wrist of whatever...I sprained mine a few months ago. Anyway, I'm so glad you had a good time. You're lucky to have esuch amazing opportunities! Say hi to Rachel for me if you see her!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Princess Elwen- Do you have the narnia blog? I checked it out once and I was Like OOOOO Because it was all Narnia! =D And do you write, too? I love to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeppers!! I love to write....about Narnia :)
    I do write about other things though...don't worry. I haven't posted in quite a while, but I shall sometime....hopefully soon. If you hadn't guessed, I'm Rachel Saufley's cousin, and though I go by Elwen on the internet, you can ask Gretchen my name. And you're Gretchen's sister, aren't you? I hear a lot about your family and I've been to your house before and Gretchen was at my Grandfather's funeral and I think Jen was too but I don't remember. Anyway, I'm glad you like my blog!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I'd love to read your blog, if you'd invite me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Princess Elwen
    Actually, I am Gretchen's Penpal! =D That's so neat you like to write I like to too. I love Narnia!!!! =D Yes I like your blog I went there and was like COOL! IT'S ALL NARNIA!!! WAHOOOO! =D
    I'll see about inviting you to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okeedokee! Sorry about the mistake concerning your identity...my apologies!!! I just know she has sisters....and you're not one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol. Yes. =D That's okay you thought I was one of her sisters. I just noticed your blog and was like OOOO! NARNIA!!!!!!!!! =D =D =D Are You a Christian?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I am TOTALLY Christian!!! I'm assuming you are too? I'm sooo glad someone else likes my blog. It's cool to know that not just my accomplices and dearest friends really care. heheeeee... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! I thought you were a Christian I just wanted to make sure! COOL! I am glad you are! As am I! =-D Yes, I suppose I should go and leave you a comment at your blog soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That would be greatly appreciated, my Narnian friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha I say...thanks. And you met my mast amazing bestest friend EVER, Anna...except that's not her name. We prefer to use our current names on the internet. Anyway...Thanks for the comment :D

    ReplyDelete