Sunday, May 10, 2009

All or nothing

So much happens in short periods of time. Look at books. I was reading the book Redwall today, and was almost to the end. Two short chapters away from completing it. But within those two chapters, a most intense battle happened which a I was and was not expecting. Same is with time. Within 5 minutes your day could change. Just an observation.

Dana is now home. (Sings and dances with happiness) I'm so glad that she is home, even if it is only for one day. Yesterday, Mom and I went to help move her out of her dorm. It was quite an adventure which involved, small carts, an almost broken elevator, a flying tarp and a door that would scream at you if it was open too long. But Dana is home in one piece. I'll enjoy her company while I can. (Such as last night when we were lip sinking to the soundtrack Wicked)

Dana said yesterday that "Words are life giving". I have found that this is true. For if I did not read anything this past school year, I would be dead. There are many types of words. Angry, encouraging, loving, sad.... Many words of all different types have been said and read this year. And they all have had an effect on what has happened. Words can do that. "Words are how the powerless can have power." -Marjan 

Anyway, thanks for listening to me being all scatter brained. From this post, one can  tell that nothing has been happening. 

3 comments:

  1. Wait...so Dana leaves soon??? I love you Gretchen!!! you're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I just read this and I'm flattered that I took up so much of a post! You're awesome, Gretchen. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete